Monday, January 31, 2011

Get Creative with The Shabby Tea Room #47

Happy Monday and welcome to another fun challenge at The Shabby Tea Room.  This week we have a challenge for you, or atleast I found it to be a challenge.  Clare our lovely hostess has challenged you all to creating a card/project using no DP's, stamping only and no manufactured embellies. Does shabby seam binding ribbon, buttons and twine count? How about a pearl or rhinestone adhesive? Felt? LOL :)

Our sponsor this week is the ever so generous JustRite Stamps!! :)  As part of the DT we were given our choice of stamps and dies that we would like to showcase.  I chose Fancy Frames which is compatible to the JB08950 Spellbinders Nested Dies.  Love JustRite and love Spellbinders - the two together are like peanut butter and jelly - yummy! :)  JustRite Stamps will be providing our lucky winner a scrumptious prize package containing the Happy Everything Mini Tag Kit and the Fancy Tags Set Cling ... a prize package valued at approximately $53 - WOW!  The Shabby Girls {heart} JustRite Stamps :)

For my DP.....I used my favorite Basic Grey stamps, misted the paper with GlimmerMist, colored in the bird cages with Copics, and ended up with pink, yellow and green.  The cardstock circle is handstamped with yellow and pink roses with glitter added.  The bird was handcut from my scrap felt.  I did cheat a little and added a button, twine and a rhinestone adhesive for her eye.  The lovely frame was handstamped on PTI's cardstock with Avocado Green Ink and the center of this frame I diecut using Spellbinders S4-290 Labels Fourteen.  Last but not least - two pearl adhesives and some shabby seam binding ribbon.  What can I say....I cheated, my card was looking shabby and not in a good way!

Make sure you stop by my Shabby GF's blogs to see their beautiful creations! Thank you for stopping by and have fun creating!  Cathy xx :)

Debbie Marcinkiewicz - {TSTR Creator} - Simple Treasures
Clare Buswell - Clare's Creations
Nicole Segnere - My Craft Room Creations

7 comments:

  1. I love your cheating :). Pink and green are lovely together and that sweet pink bird is too cute. It really looks lovely! And your background? Wow; and that goes for your sentiment diecut too. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so pretty, Cathy! I {heart} that sweet little pink felt birdie -- lovely design this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great colour combo, your background is wonderful with all these little birdcages and that felt birdie is way too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutly adorable card again! Just love stopping by and seeing all your gorgeous work! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous sweet card! Love the bird and bird cage paper! Sweet ribbon too...so pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This challenge was definitely a bit, well......challenging, wasn't it? ;)
    Love your take. Fabulous stamping and love the felt bird! Thanks for the wonderful inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a peek and dropping me a line! Your comments are so greatly appreciated and always make my day. Have a wonderful day and keep creating! :)

Total Pageviews