Friday, July 24, 2009

All Things Grow with Love

All things do grow with love - this I know. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't let my kids and my DF know how much I love them, appreciate them and value them. Telling someone you love them is easy, but showing them everyday is more important. My DF smiles when he finds a little note in is drawer that reads "folded with love - xoxo", or his favorite meal prepared for him, or a softball game that I attend when he is playing. I know that when times are rough and others might think of leaving - I can forgive because of the deep love that I have for him. I have never felt so loved, protected and appreciated in my entire life because of him. He is my love, soulmate and best friend. Can you tell the wedding is getting closer? :)

As for my kid's......they know without a doubt how much I love them! I still smile to myself when I think of the times I would drive my son to HS and he would say "wait a minute mom" and walk around to my side of the car to lean in and give me a kiss and a "love you, mom". He will be 20 soon and still gives me a kiss goodnight. I know that my daughter (22) who is quiet and more reserved than her brother - decides to pour her heart out about my mother who passed away 6 years ago is reaching out to me because she loves me and wishes for me to console her. Kid's have a funny way of doing things that will burn every fiber on your body and know that no matter what you will always love them.

I am so lucky to have so many wonderful people around me - who love me for me and have always been there for me in good times and bad. It's their love that has made me the woman that I am today. Strong, confident, honest, and loving! Have a wonderful weekend! Cathy xx:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a peek and dropping me a line! Your comments are so greatly appreciated and always make my day. Have a wonderful day and keep creating! :)

Total Pageviews